Sunday, November 6, 2011

clip for future

I fell backwards, and looked up at her. She stood tall, but was still shaking. Her hands were balled up into fist, and her shoulders were pulled back and straight. She looked down, but couldn't focus on me because of the drugs. She looked strong, but her eyes said different. Fear and confusion, covered in a milky fog. She was lost, but is still fighting.

"They hurt you, didn't they?" I asked, examining her bruised arms, cut up face, and burned hands. I slowly stood up, and took a step back. "I'm so sorry for leaving you alone. But I got you out, your safe now."

She looked at me, her eyes narrowed, jaw tight, but not a word came from her lips. I walked up to her, and brushed my finger down her jaw line. But still no movement.

"I'll never let you run alone ever again," I promised softly.

Her shoulders sank down slowly, and tears started to form in her pain filled eyes.

"I've missed you, Jay," She whispered quietly, before wrapping her arms around me, and breaking down in my arms. Clinging her weak, thin, broken body to mine. I held her close and tight. Giving her comfort and protection, while her tears, and pain gave me regret, and guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment